Maldives has emerged as a dream destination for tourists and travellers alike. Out of the 1,190
islands, 90 present dedicated, self-contained tourist resorts with all the amenities that a global
tourist could ask for. Some highlights:
- Long stretches of white sandy beaches with shallow lagoons surrounding the islands offer
an enchanting environment to spend a relaxing and quiet holiday.
- Surfers can find just the right waves, and divers experience a virtual heaven in the
underwater coral gardens.
- Beach buffs find the pure white coral beaches marvellous and irresistible.
- Great facilities for fishing, fun and snorkelling in the waters teeming with colourful fishes
- Excellent guest rooms at ultra modern tourist resorts facing the waterfront to unwind in
privacy to your heart’s content.
- Adept chefs add to your unforgettable Maldivian experience by masterfully blending
international cuisines (Continental, Chinese, French, Indian, Italian, a la carte, et al)
served at resort restaurants and coffee shops.
- Warm and naturally outgoing hospitality of the Maldivians makes a follow-on visit a
pleasure to look forward to.
- A pleasant tropical climate with little seasonal variations, blue skies and bright sun, cool
sea breeze, and generally calm monsoon showers.
Maldives is easily accessible by air and sea. Scheduled and chartered flights operate on a
regular basis from points of origin in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. Visitors are issued 30-
day tourist visas on arrival at Malé international airport.
Tourists are free to move around on the resort islands and in the capital city, Malé. But entry to
local villages and towns is through guided tours. Other forms of travel within the country may be
undertaken with the permission of the government.